Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Roofing - Again!

Well, God has been good to me throughout this whole roofing ordeal. A job I should've turned down. I didn't have the time at all, and the quote I had given him had already expired. When I did the quote, I was inexperienced, and I had underquoted him labour by about 75%! And I was really worried about the material estimates. According to all the measurements I took, I should've been about 5 bundles short! Not to mention that the price of the bundles was higher than when I had quoted him, resulting in almost $200 extra above the quoted price.

However, when I started purchasing the materials, the other pieces of trim and flashing started ringing up cheaper than I had quoted, thus balancing the extra $200 incurred from the shingles!

And as for the expected shortage? Well, God allowed me to make an error in my measurements that would end up countering the error I made in the estimating! Hows that for irony? It turned out, I had EXACTLY the right amount of shingles for the entire job, leaving me only half of a bundle left over! Wow!

Now, this was no magical trick, no lightening of a miracle. God simply allowed me to be me and mistakenly measure the roof area! Just so happens that my oversight was just enough to make up for the amount of shingles I thought I was going to be short. God IS good! And He does have a sense of humour, as well. For once my mistake benefited me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home